It will be a magical cinematic experience at the India Today Conclave as Bollywood legends Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan engage in a never-before conversation at the most-awaited event of the year. The two-day event will also see talented actresses Anushka Sharma, Alia Bhatt, and Kalki Koechlin, show us their depth and range. Karan Johar, director, producer, TV show host, author, will be on the other side of the coffee table for a change, being quizzed, not quizzing.
The Conclave will also touch upon the crucial topic of racial discrimination as actor, designer, WarisAhluwalia, sheds light on living in Donald Trump’s America. With a short movie, ‘Dear America’, he also makes a powerful statement against bigotry and xenophobia.
The Conclave will also witness the worldwide premiere of short films bySudhir Mishra, Nandita Das, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Ram Madhvani.
That’s not all. In keeping with the theme of The Great Disruption, the Conclave will premiere a VR film produced by Anand Gandhi and directed by SooniTaraporewala, celebrating the spirit of Mumbai.
India Today Conclave is a unique platform where the sharpest minds from across the globe converge to discuss and debate ideas and issues. Taking a break from previous years, the India Today Group's signature event will be held in Mumbai for the first time on March 17 and March 18. The Great Disruption, the theme of the India Today Conclave this year, will feature ground-breaking ideas, innovative experiences and thought-provoking debates.
There will be two days of talking, listening, thinking, doing and experiencing. From former President of the French Republic (2007 -2012) Nicolas Sarkozy to President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, to titans of the corporate world, the list of speakers this year is bigger and bolder, heralding a wave of change.
As Conclave Director KalliPurie describes it, “This edition of the India Today Conclave is a progressive and directional platform that aims to contribute in rebuilding the disrupted social order. This specially designed multi-sensory experience, spread across two days will be a great opportunity to listen to some of the sharpest minds across the world, get inspired and take some meaningful memories back home. We believe that significant conversations are the way to generate solutions and the Conclave promotes just that. From mobile movie premieres, spell-binding stage performances, curated experiences and gourmet delights – there’s lots that one can enjoy at the Conclave, apart from a powerful thought flow.”
Come to India's busiest two days at the India Today Conclave 2017 with the world's best sharing one stage:
1. Abhinav Bindra, Olympic Champion
2. Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group
3. Alia Bhatt, Actor
4. Amitabh Bachchan, Actor
5. Amitabh Kant, CEO, NitiAayog
6. Anand Mahindra, Chairman & Managing Director, Mahindra Group
7. Ananya Birla, Founder, Svatantra Microfinance
8. Anurag Kashyap, Writer and Director
9. Anushka Sharma, Actor
10. Arghya Sengupta, Research Director at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
11. Asaduddin Owaisi, MP
12. Abdul Basit, High Commissioner of Pakistan to India
13. Chetan Bhagat, Author
14. Deepa Malik, Paralympic Athlete
15. Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC Bank
16. Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra
17. Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas
18. Dipankar Gupta, Sociologist
19. El Had jAsSy, General Secretary of International Red Cross
20. Harish Salve, Lawyer
21. Kalki Koechlin, Actor
22. Kapil Sibal, Lawyer, MP
23. Kiren Rijiju, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs
24. Leela Samson, Bharatanatyam Dancer
25. Liz Mohn, Vice-Chairwoman, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany
26. M. Venkaiah Naidu, Union Minister for Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation
27. Manasi Kirloskar, Executive Director, Kirloskar Systems
28. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman & Managing Director, Reliance Industries
29. Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic (2007-2012)
30. P. Chidambaram, Former Union Minister for Finance
31. Pico Iyer, Author
32. Piyush Goyal, Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines
33. Pranab Mukherjee, President of India
34. Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Law, Justice and IT
35. RohanMurty, Founder, Murty Classical Library of India
36. SabihaSumar, Filmmaker
37. Sajad Lone, Minister, Jammu and Kashmir Government
38. Shah Rukh Khan, Actor
39. Shashwat Goenka, Sector Head, Spencer's Retail Ltd.
40. Shivraj Chouhan, Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh
41. SukhadeoThorat, Chairman, ICSSR
42. Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder & CEO, Paytm
43. Waris Ahluwalia, Designer, Actor
Started as part of India Today’s 25th anniversary, INDIA TODAY CONCLAVE was designed as a meeting point for the best minds from India and around the world to map the geopolitical and economic future of the country. In its inaugural year the theme was India Tomorrow 2002: Opportunities and Threats with Vice President of the USA Al Gore as the chief Guest. In its second year the theme was India Tomorrow 2003: Global Giant or Pygmy? The Honorable William Jefferson Clinton, 42nd President of the United States presided as the keynote speaker. The past 14 conclaves have been widely acclaimed and popular for the quality of speakers and discussion. The speakers who have been part of this conference each year are current and former heads of state, Nobel Laureates, spiritual leaders, industry captains, social workers, economists, authors, academics, scientist, strategists, activists, cine directors, actors and sportspersons. The past conferences can be accessed at www.indiatodayconclave.com