The twelfth Berlinale Co-Production Market (February 8-10, 2015) is inviting projects. The market will take place as part of the 65th Berlin International Film Festival (February 5-15).
The market is inviting experienced producers from around the world, who are looking for international partners, to submit a feature-length fiction project with at least 30% financing. The other salient features are as follows:
- Feature-length fiction project with international market potential (for theatrical release)
- Suitable for international co-production and open for co-producers
- Full script available
- Budget between 1 and 20 million Euros
- A minimum of 30% of the financing, or at least the local production support, must already be secured
- The company must have completed at least one international co-production
As a new special feature this year, the market also invites “Berlinale directors” – directors whose films have been screened in one of the Festival Sections in previous years – to submit their new projects even if they do not fulfill the financing criteria.
Every year, the Berlin International Film Festival hosts the two-and-a-half day-long Berlinale Co-Production Market. Five hundred experienced international producers, film financiers and film distributors as well as representatives from funding bodies, sales agents and TV channels come together to initiate international co-productions. The event takes place in the Berlin House of Representatives, directly opposite the Martin-Gropius-Bau, the venue for the European Film Market, which takes place at the same time.
The deadline for project submissions is October 22, 2014.
Post a Comment