Film bazaar is held annually alongside the International Film Festival of India at the Marriott Resort, Goa with an aim to promote cinema in the international domain. Organized by the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), Film Bazaar is led by co-production market, designed to address the needs of film makers in the realms of production and distribution.
As in previous editions, the Knowledge Series during the NFDC Film Bazaar this year also has a series of specially curated presentations, lectures and panel discussions with speakers & moderators who are key decision makers and market drivers in the business of cinema.
Matters related to evolving content through changing socio–economic structures, expanding genres, platforms of distribution, the various emerging Co-production markets, international collaborations & treaties and the art of navigating various film festivals & markets will be discussed over the 4 days of the Bazaar through more than 20 sessions by heads of film business corporates & Independent aggregators & content providers from across the world.
Some additional noteworthy sessions include:
- The Investors’ Pitch that will be held over two days wherein new projects shall be pitched to potential investors looking for investment opportunities in the domain of film production;
- A master class with acclaimed filmmaker and producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, to be conducted by Sudhir Mishra;
- A trade analysis, over the four days, of various regional cinemas (Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, & Malayalam), highlighting gap areas as well as investment and growth opportunities;
- Opportunities of working in the international domain, with specific sessions on Korea, Canada and China;
- A conversation of Rajeev Masand with the eminently successful and accomplished Karan Johar;
- Innovative ways of monetizing content and new marketing & branding strategies for films